The Corporate Controller will support various accounting functions within a high-growth business environment. Operating out of downtown Indianapolis, ShipSigma, an Inc 5000 and IBJ Fast 25 company, is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) analytics, contract analysis, and negotiation solution that helps our customers ensure they are always receiving the lowest parcel shipping costs, all without having to change carriers or service level.
- Full-time, onsite employment with excellent opportunities to advance within the company to CFO
- Base salary at high-end of the market with quarterly bonus opportunities based on individual and company performance
- Full benefits, including health insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, paid holidays, and vacation
- Leadership - Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Accounting Operations - Support key accounting functions including data entry, bank reconciliation, invoicing, receivables, payables, expenses, payroll, commissions
- Management Reports - Maintain expense and cash balance reports used to help track key company metrics and to ensure compliance as well as produce a monthly MD&A
- Strategic Duties – Lead annual review and tax engagements with external CPA firm, end-of-year reporting, budgeting, and forecasting Support corporate development and acquisition integration activities
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, with good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in accounting support or in business administration role(s) with an emphasis in accounting
- Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software
- Proficiency in Excel and familiarity with other Microsoft Office applications
- Team player able to work well with senior executives, colleagues, and team members
Ideal Qualifications (though not required, exceptional candidates will possess these attributes)
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements to accounting and/or operational process
- Bachelor’s or Controller degree in accounting, business administration, or similar area of study
- CPA license and 5+ years of relevant experience in a technology services firm
- Experience at one of the Big 4 accounting firms or equivalent
The Corporate Controller will be an essential member of the ShipSigma team and will have the opportunity to meaningfully impact business operations starting day one. The candidate will need to hit the ground running, be largely self-directed, team-oriented, and have an entrepreneurial spirit to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Key responsibilities will span revenue management (customer invoicing and accounts receivable processing), expense management (accounts payable processing, credit card spend tracking, and sales commissions reporting), and forecasting
This position presents a dynamic opportunity to help improve the company’s core financial processes and reporting of strategic metrics. In support of these primary responsibilities, the ideal Controller will be a self-starter and financially and operationally minded, with the highest integrity.
Over time, the Controller will have the opportunity to take on greater responsibilities and grow with the company. Experience in a fast-growing SaaS company or Tech-enabled service provider is a plus.
Our team features former carrier pricing executives and technology professionals with decades of industry experience all working together to help customers receive the lowest costs possible.
Named a Top Logistics Analytics Solutions Provider in 2020 by Logistics Tech Outlook, ShipSigma leverages proprietary technology to save our customers an average of 25% on their shipping annually. We manage over $1B in parcel spend and have saved our customers more than $92M. For more information about us, a 2022 TechPoint Mira Scale-Up of the Year nominee, IBJ Fast 25, and Inc 5000 company, visit shipsigma.com.